Thursday, January 17, 2013

Travel!

So we finally made it to Beijing. Travel was tiring and very overwhelming because of how long it took. Our guide picked us up at the airport- and he is great!!! He is very nice and is showing us the sights around Beijing tomorrow.

I have never taken such a long flight before! We were about 14 hours in the air. The plane was so large that there was no turbulence and you could not even feel it banking when turning. I got to watch movies that were PG 13 instead of G lol!! We lucked out and some families that we know we're on our flight! We sat right behind my friend Gwen and her family- and they are also with CCAI so we will be together just about the whole trip!

I am so happy to be in this country of Claire's birth. I can't wait to see more of it tomorrow! It was dark when we arrived. Oh and the smog is not too terrible. Brandi- yes it smells like China!!!!

Well off to bed!!!

4 comments:

Paige Code said...

I love seeing this post. Love ya friend.

Rosanne said...

So happy for you!!

Anonymous said...

Yahoo!!! Can't wait to follow along

Brandi said...

Nihao! I so can smell it! I really long for the smell. So happy you are so close to Claire!

We are so blessed to have our miracle mudpie makers. Share our joy and our journey.