Claire slept on the plane ride here- which was great since I was solo. My dad left zhengzhou to fly home and Scott left the US to fly here:). Members of our travel group helped with my luggage- I did not have to tote it at all. Our flight was late though so by the time we got to the hotel and checked in we were exhausted and went to bed. We woke up early this am and the hotel is wonderful!! Breakfast buffet was wonderful. Then Claire and I toured the six banyan tree temple- which was being cleaned in preparation for Chinese New Year, and the old Chen house which has examples of porcelain, embroidery, wood and bone carvings. Then the group went shopping and I bought a tea set. Claire then took a nap, then we went to Starbucks (nice treat- it is in the hotel!!) and played at the hotel playground before dinner with the group. I did some more bath tub laundry which is always exciting. I did send my jeans out for laundering today- so when I get them back I can wear some that no longer stand by themselves!!
Tomorrow is the medical appt and Scott will arrive in early afternoon! I know he can't wait to see Claire in person!!
China is so hard to describe though! It is beautiful and smoggy and crazy all at the same time. In Zhengzhou the scooters drive on the sidewalks- as do cars sometimes. Pedestrians do not have the right of way and it is nerve-racking. Every "stranger" we have met has been nice and curious. Many people have sent Claire good wishes. I have had my pic taken on the sly- but so far no one has asked to pose with me.
Our guides have been great! In Zhengzhou they had to deal with a passport issue for Claire. Here the guides have checked on me a lot and even offered to come sit with Claire for me to shower.
And so far I have not eaten at McDonalds lol!!! Although there is a 24 hour one right next door so that will probably change!
Some funny things are: there have been baked beans on the breakfast bar in all 3 hotels. And chicken feet on at least one. Oh and a full salad bar, including blue cheese dressing, was on the breakfast bar this am. I thankfully have not seen too much spitting- but have seen too many squatty potties.
1 comment:
Glad to hear Baba will be joining you soon. I'm so excited to read that you are doing well and enjoying your trip. Thanks for letting us peek in on you :)
Post a Comment