We are so blessed to have our miracle mudpie makers. Share our joy and our journey.
Monday, January 21, 2013
Gotcha Day!!!
I still can't believe that I have Claire. First she is perfect!! So we pull up to the civil affairs office and our guide said that some of the babies were there already. I was not expecting Claire to be there but when I walked in I knew she was before I even saw her. Then someone walks up to me and says YuTing- she recognized me from the photos we sent. And there she was. They said she is scared of strangers so I sat on the floor and whipped out the Cheerios. She took some from my hand as the nannies showed her how I matched the pictures in her book. She was sitting in my lap in the next few minutes. She has been very close by ever since. The nannies for her foster care home in shanghai brought her to me. It was obvious that they love her. They were very happy that she was not scared of me and she did not cry. The nannies and I cried a bunch. They brought me clothes and formula for her. She fell asleep for her nap on the bus ride back to the hotel and is still asleep! I will post some pics later- they are still on the camera.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are so blessed to have our miracle mudpie makers. Share our joy and our journey.
2 comments:
I am so very excited for you! What a wonderful beginning. May God bless your journey home with many wonderful snuggles, smiles and love.
So glad to hear it went smoothly at your meeting. Can't wait to hear more and SEE her in your arms ;)
Happy for you my friend.
Post a Comment