Monday, August 18, 2014

Summer is almost over

It has been dropping into the 50's at night here. In August.  So weird. In Savannah it is still in the upper 90's.  We are gearing up for fall. 

I know I have not blogged in a while. I have started several posts, and have more swirling around in my head, but they aren't coherent yet. 

So for now I will tell you what we have been doing this summer. We go out for soft serve ice cream. Up here there are little stands everywhere and it is pretty cheap! All 6 of us can get a treat for about 15 bucks. They have new favors every week- so far my favorites are lemon and coffee (not mixed together!)  Noah always gets chocolate, Alex likes most of them, Aiden's favorite is strawberry or raspberry, and Claire's favorite has been raspberry because it is purple(ish).  

Our summer nanny was wonderful! She did so much with the kids this summer, and they loved it! Thankfully she has promised to come visit or babysit when she comes home on her breaks.  She heads back to college, so our new one starts Wednesday. 

We are mostly all set for homeschooling. All I need are some old national geographic magazines- just have to get to eBay. We will probably start right around Labor Day. The kids are excited, I am a bit nervous about juggling everything. 

We have done some hiking. Not as much as I would like as work and chores seem to get in the way. We have caught lightening bugs. We watch the wildlife in our yard. We have a family with baby turkeys, and a bunny that we see pretty often. We have not seen the deer recently, but I bet they will be back when it cools off.  I will post a bunch of pics of the leaves changing. 




Here is how lush our woods are now. Wait until it changes! We can't wait to show Alex snow. He has never seen it! 

No comments:

We are so blessed to have our miracle mudpie makers. Share our joy and our journey.