For the homestudy process, Scott and I have to write an autobiography. I think I am almost done with mine. This is really hard to do! Those who know me well, know that I tend to be a private person, so sharing details with a stranger is hard. The questions include strengths, weaknesses, childhood things, schooling, career, marriage, kids. There is even a special section on adolescence- and "they" have the nerve to ask if it was difficult. Geez- wasn't it difficult in some way for everyone??? "They" do not ask for funny stories, or your favorite color. I am glad they do not ask for a video submission, or a year by year account of my life. I am also not a wordy writer (I know big surprise to those reading my blog), so this might just be the shortest autobiography they have ever gotten. So far it is a page and a half, and the only sections I have left are children, finances and why are we adopting. Hmmm. Maybe I should add the whole ski trip story of how Scott and I met. That would add like 4 lines.
Next thursday we go to atlanta to meet with our agency and they will explain the dossier process in detail. The dossier is the humongous packet of paperwork that goes to the china government, and probably has to be submitted in triplicate. Ok, not really, but everything has to be just right. Then we will meet with the social worker here and she will write up our homestudy!!
So here is our to-do list before april:
1. we must renew our passports (they expire in april)
2. order all the official documents we need for the dossier
3. homestudy complete? That could be wishful thinking
4. look at lots of girly room decorating options
5. I need to renew my NP license.(not adoption related but I don't want to forget)
6. get our tshirts designed and maybe some printed
7. start collecting stuff for the yard sale we want to have the end of april/beginning of may
Don't forget our fundraiser- only 9 days left to enter!! Help us fund some of the stuff listed above!!
1 comment:
of course the girly room thing needs to be done 1st!!! I am sure that has to be so exciting for you! on a serious note, try not to get overwhelmed...one thing at a time. It is all a blur for us now. It will all be a thing of the pass in no time at all!
Post a Comment