Saturday, February 25, 2012

Eleventy million pieces of paperwork!!

On Thursday, Scott and I drove to Atlanta to meet with our agency and go over the dossier process. The dossier is the huge packet of paperwork that will go to China. It basically proves that we are eligible to adopt from China and that our agency believes that we will be great parents! The other part of the paperwork we must complete are immigration papers for our daughter. We have to basically apply to the US government to bring in an immigrant. They also require certain things.
Here is the list of things we have to collect:
1.Adoption Petition (an explanation on why we want to adopt)
2. Birth Certificates for Scott and I (live signature only!)
3. Our marriage certificate (live signature only!)
4. Employment verification
5. Financial statement
6. Physical exams for Scott and I, including specific bloodwork
7. Health statements for the boys
8. Police reports for Scott and I (to prove we are not on America's most wanted list!)
9. Homestudy (we meet with our social worker starting this week, and there are things we must do for it!)
10. The form for immigration

The other fun part is that each thing we collect has to be notarized, then we have to take it to the county clerk to get certified, then sent to the secretary of state to get certified, then it must be sent to the chinese consulate in the US for authentication. Then it will be sent to China.

I think I need a personal secretary. I have to keep repeating- we can do this.  The other thing is to try to get it done quick! It will take 4-6 months. Mainly because once we get the stuff to the Immigration office they have 90 days to get it back to us.

Ok Yay!!! Here we go on the paperwork chase!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

You can so do this. God is with you every step of the way. I promise. He has carried us and will you through this amazing journey. I am so excited to for you and your daughter. I'm praying for her!

We are so blessed to have our miracle mudpie makers. Share our joy and our journey.