The eerily silent bus ride (the only time our jovial travel group was quiet!). Watching the buildings go by, wondering if my girl would be late. I had a feeling (and heard a rumor) that she arrived all the way from Shanghai the day before.
The rush of emotions when we walked into the room and I spotted her. The world stopped. There was my baby. I wanted to scoop her up and burst into tears, yet could not do either as I did not want to terrify her. Her Ayi pointed to me and said "Mama!" Claire repeated her, sounded unsure. I dug out cheerios. The nanny dug out the picture book we had sent and pointed to my picture to show Claire I matched.
She took the cheerios, and eventually made it into my lap. I could not hold in the emotion.
Things settled and I had a chance to look around and see the other families welcoming their new kiddos.
I remember signing the temporary gaurdianship papers.
I even let my dad hold her for a minute. She bonded quickly to her Ye Ye.
We got some pictures with the Ayis.
It was time to go. We were there for hours, but it went by so quick. Saying goodbye was hard.
How we spent the rest of the time in China (well minus the coat and hats when we got to Guangzhou):
I prefer baby wearing over strollers. I also remember using a squattie potty more that once while wearing Claire!
Two years ago:
















No comments:
Post a Comment