Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Visit to Alex's foster home

This afternoon we went to see the foster home where Alex was living. He wanted to go to say bye to all his friends and caretakers. He did much better than Brandi and I did. We both left crying. The caregivers were so nice. The director is a nurse. There are currently 31 kids under their care. They had to rent a second apartment. 

The boy in the striped shirt is one of Ting Ting's best friends.  He is 9 and really wants a family. 


Isn't he cute???? Many of the kids here have families and are in the foster home to get medical care. Several are from orphanages and need families. 


 These girls are from the same orphanage but their files have not been prepared. 


Aren't they beautiful? 



Right before we left all the older school age kids came home. So many kiddos. I am overwhelmed. I don't even know what to say. I heard heart breaking stories from the director- how they would be evicted if the neighbors found out they had HIV positive kids in the foster home. How orphanage directors do not want to waste time and money on files for HIV positive kiddos. How one 9 year old boy desperately wants a family. 



We said our good byes and had to go. 


The guy in the white shirt is David, our CCAI guide. He has been absolutely wonderful. He has such a great loving heart for these kids. He also volunteers in several orphanages and in several Asian countries. He may need his own blog post:). I am forever indebted to him for what he has done for us this week. He would say it's his job. 

But those kids. I have thought of them all constantly since we left. 







1 comment:

Luciana said...

Just found your blog. Sweet children. And those little girls are twins! So adorable. Congrats on your new son. He's so handsome.

We are so blessed to have our miracle mudpie makers. Share our joy and our journey.