Our agency has in its hands most of our dossier! The I-797 (that's the immigration approval letter) is at the secretary of state getting sealed, then it will go to the Chinese consulate in Houston, and then it will go to our agency! Yay!! Then we will be DTA. That means we should be DTC (dossier to china) by mid-late July. So here is where the papers will go the next few weeks after our agency gets them all. The dossier gets reviewed and sent to the Colorado office of our agency. They bind it, post our pictures on it, and so a summary translation into Chinese. They then mail it to the agency employee in Beijing who will hand deliver it to the Chinese adoption affairs office. They put our info into their computer, and that date is known as our Log in Date (LID). We are praying to get matched pretty quickly after that. From match to travel is anywhere from 4-9 months. Isn't that exciting?????? We could be home with our daughter in 5 months. Ok, I know, 8 months is more likely but I can hope, right?
We are also beginning our Both Hands Project. If you want to help or be on our team, let me know. I'm sending out the team email today and will happily add people to it. You don't even have to be local to help!
If you want more info on the Both Hands Project- check out the website
http://www.lifesongfororphans.org/bothHands.html
The video is very good!
2 comments:
YAY for you!!! :)
Do you mind if I link up to your blog from mine (parrforthecourse.com) ??
Yes, danielle feel free :) Sorry it took me a while to respond- it didn't notify me there was a comment!
Post a Comment